How many things you love can you share in 10 minutes?
Let’s start this Monday on a lighter note. Olga Arakelyan came up with the fantastic idea of spending 10 minutes listing things you love, and Alina Cincan followed suit with a list of her own. Then Alina challenged me (any many other interesting translators) to create a list. So far, quite a few translators have shared their lists and they’re wonderfully diverse. Another fun way to get to know a little more about other translators!
My list of things I love (in no particular order)
- My family, above all my children and my twin sister. Oh, and my husband 🙂
- Books, books, books (books about books, books about language, books about traveling, fantasy books, fancy books, books on my Kindle, pop-up books that are too artsy to actually read, really trashy easy-reading books that you can zoom through in an hour, …)
- Language(s): It’s a given, right?
- Handmade soap, of which I have stockpiled ridiculous amounts
- Licorice: I have Dutch roots, what can I say?
- That intense feeling of pride when my children have learned something new
- At the moment, singing 12 Days of Christmas for my girls because it makes them giggle for some reason (which is most definitely not related to my singing skills)
- Working out, which helps me clear my mind. I haven’t really had much time for that lately
- Buying postcards that I’ll never send anyone because they are too pretty to share
- Riding my bicycle around town (preferably when it’s not raining)
- The smell of lavender
- The internet where so many interesting things are happening
- Listening to really loud music
- My friends who make me laugh till I cry
- Watching the sun set
- Stargate: Hands down the best series ever made
- Green tea: Yummy!
- Pelicans: Yes, I actually have a favorite bird.
- Talking (on the phone, in person, on my blog, wherever!)
- The smell of Florida beaches: Takes me right back to my childhood
- Sewing rather crooked things for my kids. I tend to rush through the planning stage and end up being forced to improvise because something went horribly wrong.
- Making random people laugh
I am happy to report that 10 minutes is not really enough to write everything down. I had to semi-cheat and go back in later and fix some typos. And I’m surprised at the items that came to mind first and made it onto the list. Why don’t you join in and post your own list?