It’s getting cold outside. Snuggling up with a good book or reading device of my choice is becoming much more appealing. Why not let the rain patter against the windows while you feed your brain with some new resources?
Resources for translators
As part of my blog, I curate a list of resources that I think might be of interest to other translators. The fields and languages I work in obviously influence which resources I am aware of and will include in my list. Luckily, I’m not the only one out there collecting useful links and blogs. Here are some sites and sources that might have just what you are looking for:
- Nikki Graham’s collection of links that are of interest to beginning translators: A comprehensive selection that also covers categories such as Health, Coaching or Diplomas. (Edit: Don’t forget to check out her list of dictionaries and glossaries and blogroll!)
- Patricia Brene’s terminology blog In My Own Terms: Patricia’s blog is much more than a blog—it’s a resource in itself.
- Catherine Christaki’s blogroll on Lingua Greca: Catherine is a household name because she posts a weekly list of her favorite articles on translation, language, social media and traveling. These posts are gold because Catherine reads her way through an impressive chunk of the internet every week. Her blogroll is eye-poppingly long and a great place to start discovering the world of blogging translators.
- The Alexandria Library: Head here for translation memories, glossaries and AutoSuggest dictionaries from various sources. Also, videos, book recommendations and more.
- Lucinda Brooks of eCPD fame curates an extensive list of CPD and glossaries on Scoop.it. Definitely worth a look.
- The Facebook group Things Translators Never Say maintains a list of translation-related Facebook groups that is updated regularly. It is 13 pages long at the moment and I’m sure you’ll find some groups in there that you’d never heard of before.
- TedxTalks and YouTube: You’ll find talks and insightful tutorials on any topic you can dream up. The answer you need could be hiding here.
Is there a resource collection missing that I just HAVE to add? Let me know!