I am happy to say that I just received confirmation of membership in the translators’ association ATICOM.
Translators stand to hugely benefit from professional associations. If I were you, I’d join at least one!
What translator associations can do for you
- They’ll list you on their site in their translator database and increase your online visibility.
- You’ll boost your credibility by being a member in an association with known membership criteria.
- You can often benefit from specials deals and discounts (training, insurance, software, …)
- You’re first in line for seminars, webinars, training sessions (with special member prices).
- Some associations offer mentoring programs.
- Membership-only areas on the association’s website or fora offer networking opportunities with your peers.
- You can get legal and professional advice.
- Let’s face it: It’s fun to be a part of something.
What you can do for your association
- Take advantage of what they offer so the hard work they put in for you pays off.
- Spread the word how great your association is.
- Let them know if there is something you are unhappy with or would like to improve.
- Get involved!
What associations are you involved with?